From the Explore Maps link of the navigation bar you can reach the Maps List page (see Maps). Select a map you are interested in and click on it, the Map Page will open.
Click on the View Map button to open the Map Viewer.
The Map Viewer (based on MapStore) provides the following tools:
- the Table of Contents (TOC) to manage the map contents;
- the Basemap Switcher to change the basemap (see the next paragraphs);
- the Search Bar to search by location, name and coordinates (see the paragraph below);
- the Options Menu Tools which contains the link to the Print tool, to the layers Catalog and to the Measure tool;
- the Sidebar and its tools such as the Zoom tools and the Get Features Info tool;
- the Footer Tools to manage the scale of the map, to track the mouse coordinates and change the CRS (Coordinates Reference System).
The map will automatically re-center on that area delimiting it by a polygon in the case of an area, by a line in the case of a linear shape (e.g. streets, streams) and by a marker in the case of a point.
By default, GeoNode allows to enrich maps with many world backgrounds:
You can also decide to have an Empty Background.