Welcome to the GeoNode Training Users Workshop documentation v2.10.
This workshop will teach how to use the GeoNode going in depth into what we can do with software application. At the end of this section you will master all the GeoNode sections and entities from a user perspective.
You will know how to:
- Manage users accounts and how to modify them.
- Use and manage the different GeoNode basic resources.
- Use the GeoNode searching tools to find your resources.
- Manage Layers and Maps, update the styles and publish them.
- Load datasets into GeoNode and keep them synchronized with GeoServer.
Before proceeding with the reading, it is strongly recommended to be sure having clear the following concepts:
- GeoNode and Django framework basic concepts
- What is Python
- What is a geospatial server and a basic knowledge of the geospatial web services.
- What is a metadata and a catalog.
- What is a map and a legend.
- Accounts and users
- GeoNode is primarily a social platform, and thus a primary component of any GeoNode instance is the user account. This section will guide you through account registration, updating your account information, and viewing other user accounts.
- Document Types
- GeoNode welcome page shows a variety of information about the current GeoNode instance. At the top of the page is a toolbar showing quick links to document types: layers, maps and documents.
- GeoNode advanced Search tool.
- Managing layers
- Create, delete, manage and share Layers on GeoNode.
- Edit Layer Style
- Beautify the Layer using the GeoNode Style editor.
- Managing maps
- Create, delete, manage and share Maps on GeoNode.
- Using GeoNode with other applications
- Your GeoNode project is based on core components which are interoperable and as such, it is straightforward for you to integrate with external applications and services. This section will walk you through how to connect to your GeoNode instance from other applications and how to integrate other services into your GeoNode project. When complete, you should have a good idea about the possibilities for integration, and have basic knowledge about how to accomplish it. You may find it necessary to dive deeper into how to do more complex integration in order to accomplish your goals, but you should feel comfortable with the basics, and feel confident reaching out to the wider GeoNode community for help.