Installation & Admin¶
Welcome to the GeoNode Training Installation & Admin documentation v2.6.
This module is more oriented to users having some System Administrator background.
At the end of this section you will be able to setup from scratch the whole GeoNode infrastructure and understand how to the different pieces are interconnected and which are their dependencies.
Before proceeding with the reading, it is strongly recommended to be sure having clear the following concepts:
- GeoNode and Django framework basic concepts
- What is Python
- What is a DBMS
- What is a Java Virtual Machine and the JDK
- Basic TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Linux OS basic shell and maintenance commands
- Apache HTTPD Server and WSGI Python bindings
- Quick Installation Guide
- This section is a quick guide to get GeoNode up and running in most common operating systems. This is meant to be run on a fresh machine with no previously installed packages or GeoNode versions.
- Linux Admin Intro
- This section describes how to setup a Virtual Machine running Ubuntu.
- GeoNode (v2.6) on Docker
- This section describes how to setup GeoNode on Docker
- GeoNode (v2.6) installation on Ubuntu 16.04
- This section will guide the user through the steps necessary to install GeoNode on Ubuntu.
- GeoNode (v2.6) installation on CentOS 7
This section will guide the user through the steps necessary to install GeoNode on CentOS.
Packaging for automatic installation are provided for Ubuntu, so, the only option for installing GeoNode on a CentOS platform is installing it from source.
- Windows Binary Installer
- Install GeoNode on Windows through the binary installer.
- Network configuration issues
- This section will guide the user through the steps necessary to understand and possibly solve any of the most common configuration issues on communication between Django and GeoServer.