Welcome to GeoNode’s Documentation.
GeoNode is an Open Source, Content Management System (CMS) for geospatial data. It is a web-based application and platform for developing geospatial information systems (GIS) and for deploying spatial data infrastructures (SDI).
The following sections give an overview of GeoNode from different perspectives, they are targeted at a non-technical audience and the quick installation guide at people who just want to get it installed and will come back later to the complete documentation.
How To Use The Documentation¶
The documentation is geared toward three distinct types of users:
- Users: Are people who log into a GeoNode website and use its functionality.
- Administrators: Are people who install and deploy GeoNode websites in production for their Users.
- Developers: Are people who write code to add functionality, integrate with other systems, fix bugs, and potentially help an Administrator setup a server and deploy a GeoNode instance for production.
The documentation is divided into three sections:
Table of contents¶
The Tutorials section contains step-by-step workshops that are oriented around performing particular sets of tasks, like adding data or publishing maps, setting up and maintaining a server, or setting up a project to extend from GeoNode. These tutorials are written in a workshop like format and are broken into three groups: Users, Administrators and Developers.
The Reference section provides details about the internals of the GeoNode project. It has background information about components that make up GeoNode, the security system, APIs and much more.
The Organizational section contains information about the GeoNode project itself, how to contribute, learn about the community, helpful links, about the patch review process, the project road map and other administrative items.
- Roadmap Process
- Community Resources
- Community Bylaws
- Contributing to GeoNode
- GeoNode Patch Review Process
- Patch Review criteria
- How to contribute to GeoNode’s Translation
- How to contribute to GeoNode’s Documentation
- How to write Documentation
- How to Translate the Documentation