The Map Page is divided into three main sections:
- the Map Preview section, under the title
- the Tabs section, under the layer preview
- the Tools section, on the right side of the page
The Map Preview shows the Map with very basic functionalities:
- the Base Map Switcher that allows you to change the base map;
- the Zoom in/out tool to enlarge and decrease the view;
- the Zoom to max extent tool for the zoom to fit the layers extents;
- the Query Objects tool to retrieve information about the map objects by clicking on the map;
- the Print tool to print the preview.
See the MapStore Documentation to learn more.
The Map Information page shows you some tabs sections containing different information about the map:
The tab Info is active by default. This tab section shows some metadata such as its Title, the License, the Publication Date etc. The metadata also indicates the map owner and which regions are involved. The
Map Layers WMS GetCapabilities documentlink is also provided.
The Share tab provides the links for the map to share through social media or email.
You can Rate the map through the Rating system.
In the Comments tab section you can post your comment. Click on Add Comment, insert your comment and click Submit Comment to post it.
Your comment will be added next to the last already existing comment. If you want to remove it click on the red Delete button.
If you want this map in your Favorites (see Updating the Profile), open the Favorite tab and click on Add to Favorites.
- click the Download Map button, to download the map as image;
- click the Metadata Detail button to see the map metadata, see Maps Metadata;
- click the Editing Tools button to access to many editing tools. Those functionalities will be explained in the Exploring Maps section;
- click the View Map button to open the map, see the Exploring Maps section for more details;
- see the Map Layers section to konw which layers are used by the map (you can open the Layer Page by clicking on its name, available only for local layers);
- click the Create a Map button of the Copy this map section to duplicate the map;
- click the Publish Map WMS of the Map WMS section to publish local map layers as WMS layer group;
- see the About section to know the map Owner, the Contact user and the Metadata Author.