After upload, another form will displaying, containing metadata about the layer. Change any information as desired, and then click Update at the very bottom of the form.
After the update, the layer will display in a preview window.
This page contains lots of options for managing this layer. Let’s look at a few of them:
At the top of the page there are two buttons titled Download Layer and Download Metadata. These buttons provide access to the ability to extract geospatial data and metadata from within GeoNode. In this way, GeoNode allows for two way data and metadata access; one can import as well as export data.
- Click the Download Layer button. You will see a list of options of the supported export formats.
- Click the option for Zipped Shapefile.
- GeoNode will process the request and bring up a Save As dialog. Save this file to your computer, and note how it is the same content as was uploaded.
- Click the Download Metadata button. You will see a list of options of the supported export formats.
- Click the option for DUBLIN CORE.
- GeoNode will process the request and display XML metadata. Try clicking various metadata formats, and note how it is the same metadata content in various formats compatible with metadata and GIS packages.
Layer Detail Tabs¶
Scroll down the page toward the bottom. Five tabs are available: Info, Attributes, Share, Ratings, and Comments. The info tab is already highlighted, and presents basic information about the layer, of the kind that was seen on the layer list page.
Click the Attributes tab. This lists the attributes of the layer, including statistics (range, average, median and standard deviation). Layer attribute statistics are made available only for numeric attributes. As we can see, this layer’s attributes are not numeric, so no statistics are calculated.
Click the Ratings tab. This tab allows you (and others viewing this page) to rate this layer. Ratings can be based on quality, accuracy, or any other metric. Click on the appropriate star to rate this layer.
Click the Comments tab. This tab allows you to leave a comment for other viewing this layer.
Click the Add Comment button and enter a comment.
When finished, click Submit Comments